Sunday, April 12, 2015

Black Francolin


 Black francolin=== In Hindi ( Kala Teetar ) the state bird of Haryana  was once easy to locate in Delhi, but due to large scale of urbanisation and Human population the bird is almost on the verge of extinction in Delhi. During last 4 Years I have seen it once in Pahladpur village (North -West Delhi ) Now U can understand my feeling , excitement when I listened the Call (Cheek-cheek Kirekek )of This bird which forced me to walk nearly 1 Km in search of seeing the face of this beautiful shy bird. I was, able to take some shot. I am thankful to my wife and Vijender singh for their co operation  and help . this bird like to live in moist grass land preferred Elephant Grass\ . Nowdays, farmers burnt these grass to clear demarcation and cultivation. This type of loss of habitation and hunting made this bird  existance at vulnerable stage  in many states  .
=== Photo Near Yamuna Bio Diversity park, bank of Yamuna 12th April 2015,  Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment