Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oriental Turtle Dove

Oriental Turtle Dove==   when  I saw it in a group of  small doves,collerd doves it attracted me as the Color is Choclate and black border on wings impressed it like turtle . The lining # mark on its neck like chess board gives it beautiful look. Smaller than pigeon ,bigger than collered dove, likes woody area. I have also spotted it in Yamuna Bio Diversity Park besides Central Ridge. This bird is very shy very difficult to go near by , I have taken this photo after  3 days of chase. In the book of birds of  Northen India Oxford press  It is described as Not Common Passage Migrant, So  I delighted more As  presently it is avilable in Delhi,further I am keeping  eye on it.========   Photo Last week Of  OCTOBER2012  CENTRAL RIDGE , NEW DELHI < =====   Comments invited ,  PL SEE By Enlarging  PHOTO

No comments:

Post a Comment